One of the preferred choices of fruit lovers is the colorful exotic fruit “Papaya”. Benefits of papaya is a package deal consisting of many healthy nutrients. These fruits are abundant in tropical areas having farming regions. Not only is the fruit part useful, also the papaya latex has found its application in food industries.
Main health benefits of papaya are, it’s beneficial for eyes, hair, skin health, improves digestive system, immune system and also prevents cancer.
Its rich orange color gives it a unique look and has varying sizes from six inches to a few more. Normal papaya weighs around one pound. Papaya seeds are similar to black peppercorn and are covered with a mucin coat. Its rich flavors come out with juicy sugar taste.
Scientific name of papaya – Carica papaya
Nutritional contents present in Papaya:
The given list below shows a variety of vitamins and minerals that are present in papaya. Papain, Folates, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Zinc, Vitamin E, Calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Magnesium , Iron.
What are the Benefits of Papaya?
Papaya has a immense beneficial factor that are hard to overlook. It is considered as a natural source of minerals and vitamins. Papaya can be consumed in form of milkshake or as a smoothie or just raw. Now, let’s look at the amazing health benefits of papaya.
Good for Digestion process:
Papaya is one of the solutions for having digestion related problems. Nutrients that are used in providing better digestion are
- Papain, a digestion enzyme; activates a faster protein breakdown and clears out the digestive tract. This makes sure all proteins are converted by the body. Diabetes, Arthritis etc. are due to the incomplete protein digestion. This can be prevented by consuming papaya.
Papaya kills the intestinal worms and other infections and thus prevents the further action of it. This is also one of the reasons why digestion goes smoothly into our body.
Papaya is totally non fat fruit also adds to the list of weight loss foods. It’s loaded with phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. Being low in calories, it also has no cholesterol.
- Paste of clean roots of papayas when applied to the teeth, it provides a stronger teeth and gums are relieved from having toothaches.
- Best remedy – Inner bark of papaya tree
Papaya is found in many cosmetics because of its revitalizing powers.
- Papain kills and clears out the skin from having dead cells.
- The healing enzymes in papaya maintain the skin free from sunburn and dead cells.
- Papaya gives a younger look by attacking the free radicals which ages our skin.
- Papaya peels provide better skin complexion when applied on the face.
It is used in the treatment of skin disorders like ulcers, sores, eczema etc.
It acts as an efficient medicine for pancreatic, breast cancer and also other cancers.
- Papaya leaves are used more here instead of the fruits since the leaves were more anti carcinogenic in nature that was effective in opposition to the tumour cells. This also slows down the growth of tumour cells.
- Papaya leaves + dosage of tea – makes the cells stronger.
- Fruits are also preferred for its anticancer abilities.
A Papaya seed maintains the heart in a better condition.
- Prevents diabetic heart diseases, atherosclerosis due to the presence of vitamin A
- Vitamin C + Vitamin E – prevents cholesterol from sticking in the artery walls.
- pro-carotenoid phytonutrients- Reduction of oxidation in cholesterols
- Cholesterol levels are decreased because of the presence fiber content. In other words, these antioxidants collectively prevent hardening of artery walls that usually leads to stroke or a heart attack by reducing the oxidation in cholesterols.
- The latex got from papaya reduces acne and also clears the skin from burns.
- Presence of Chymopapain acts as anti-inflammatory substance.
- Papain boosts up the immune cell production mainly the cytokines that have the ability to increase the healing power. It even prevents the blood clot and allows blood to circulate freely in the body and increases the oxygen content and nutrients to the inflamed parts.
It is an eye disease which leads to many risks.
- Beta Carotene- Reduces macular degeneration, which can even lead to blindness. This compound gives colour to papaya. Improves Eye vision and lessens Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD).
- Vitamin C + Vitamin E- Reduces motion sickness that is due to the tonic effect in our stomach.
- Papaya juice and ripe papaya are generally preferred.
- Presence of fiber leads to the improved bowel movements.
Papaya is generally consumed for having a regular menstruation cycle for women.
- Green unripe papaya- gives out more heat to the body and activates estrogen hormone and thus women can prevent from having an irregular period cycle.
Treatment of Arthritis:
- Chymopapain, effective enzyme in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Papaya brings out a better improvement in the immune system, it’s mainly due to the presence of antioxidants.
- Papaya flowers and roots – Effective against Jaundice, bronchitis, kidney colic etc.